CleanYourCar
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:35 pm 
Sponge

Think it is soft paint from the research ive done but not sure and i suspect 1 panel has been resprayed, Theres lots of fine scratches swirl marks and a few chips here and there nothing to major but just frustrating me lol, i am looking for a D-A polisher what would you recommend and which compounds and pads was wise i use soft99's fusso coat followed by there king of gloss 24 hours later which i have used for many years and always happy with there results so would be nice to have some good polishing pads for these products as doing by hand is a chore and im not getting any younger lol

Also looking at buying the airforce blaster machine for drying just wondering if the sidekick would do the job to or if the car is a bit to big for using that machine

Is there any discount codes nor new customers or for spending a certain amount ect

Thanks for taking the time to read and look forward to any replys

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:20 pm 
When buying a polishing machine, you have to consider that you waon't always have the same car and therfore the machine needs to be able to cope with anything thrown at it.

My recommendation will be for the DAS6 PRO machine, together with Scholl S17+ (for any heavier imperfections) and Scholl S30+ (for lighter swirls and scatches)

As the performace of these polishes can be tweaked by using a different pad, I would suggest a soft, medium and firm pad from the Chemical Guys hexlogic range.

The idea of using the airblaster machines to dry the car is an expensive luxury for something you may only use once a week. As an alternative, buy a small vacuum cleaner which has a 'blow function' from Wickes'...under £35 and can act as a vacuum at the same time for the interior.