CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: DAS 6 pro purchase
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:39 am 
Sponge

Hi
Im looking at buying a DAS6 pro and some pads etc.
It will be used mainly to simplify my polish application, and also to remove light scratches and swirls.
The Menzerna starter kit looks a good choice but ive also seen that the Scholl range is also highly regarded.
Most of the paint on the family cars is in good condition and includes Vag, Bmw, Nissan, Honda.
Ideally id like a one step product but know this isnt always possible, my initial thoughts are with the Scholl concepts S30 + and a good wax such as the Collinite 476s.
Does this sound like a good plan?
Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: DAS 6 pro purchase
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:45 am 
Welcome to the Forum.

First up, the DAS6 pro is a great option to cope with the hard BMW and VAG paints. However a different technique and polish/pad combination will be required for the 'soft' paint on the japanese cars.

Thre is no getting away from it...you will need a range of pads and polishes to machine polish all of them.

Whilst a 'one step polish' such as Scholl S20 Black will work on all cars, you will need several of their pads to cope with the variations in imperfections on the different paint hardness'.

A cheaper and more versatile option is to buy several polishes and a couple of pads which you can use on all cars.

Your suggestion of Scholl S30 is an excellent one. However, I would also suggest Scholl S17+ for use on the hard paints. The cutting performance on both polishes can be 'tweaked' by the firmness of the pad.

My choice of pads would be either the yellow 3M pad, or Chemical guys equivalent, a soft finishing pad for the softer japanese paint and the Scholl White Spider sandwich pad (very firm) for use on the hard paints should the medium form pad not provide sufficient cut.

So 3 pads and two polishes will provide you all that you need.

The selection of wax is very much a personal choice.

I hope that this helps.

Post subject: Re: DAS 6 pro purchase
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:07 pm 
Sponge

Thanks for the suggestions, will take a look at them.