CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 4:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: T5 Transporter in Red
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:57 pm 
Sponge

Afternoon all, I'm after a bit of advise please. I have just bought a Transporter T5 in Red which looks ok but it needs some work doing on it. I am ok with the cleaning and clay bar work but i will need to polish and seal the van.....by hand :? ..... hopefully I can buy a machine polisher but by hand what polish products would you guys recommend and which hand polisher would you recommend?

Thanks in advance, Aaron

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:32 pm 
Stick your location in your profile, if you're anywhere near me we can arrange a day when you can come around and we'll do it with my machine or, I'll come to you and use your electric :lol:

I offer this as I've done a big red Merc van Click with my machine and that took 2 days, your Transporter isn't as big but you'll be there a month of Sundays.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:58 pm 
Sponge

Thanks for that, i'm in west yorkshire near halifax/huddersfield. Where in Lancs are you?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:48 am 
discobarry wrote:
Thanks for that, i'm in west yorkshire near halifax/huddersfield. Where in Lancs are you?

About 10 miles from Clitheroe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:55 pm 
Sponge

I will arrange to come over sometime, I go to the Longridge area alot so often travel the A59. I'm mega busy with work atm but we can arrange something sometime? What products should i get?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:03 pm 
Re: machine & polishes we'll do it with what I've got in. We can do everything with what I've got in if you like, then you can decide for yourself what you want to get for next time.

However, if you have particular products you wish to use, clay, decon, sealant, wax, rubbers, plastics go get them otherwise I've got everything.

Look at 6 hrs or so, plus time for chat and brews, so all day one Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:00 am 
Sponge

Nice one, Tim used to live where I used to live in Slaithwaite so i'm normal haha .... Sounds like a pretty good day. I'll be in touch when things are a little quieter with work. Thanks, Aaron.