CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 4:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:44 am 
Sponge

Hey all,

As the title suggests really. My go to polishes have always been the Menzerna range and I've always gotten great results. I pair these with either the Menz white pad for heavy swirls, or tough paint or chemical guys hexlogic pads for pretty much everything else.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a polish without diminishing abrasives. I'm looking to expand my range of polishes as I have every polish Menz do.

Thanks,

Si.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:25 pm 
Interesting question, as most users of non-diminishing compounds are now switching over to diminishing polishes as they get the job done much faster.

However, apart from the Menz polishes, Gtechnik's P1 (although quite powdery in use) and Meguiars #105/205 are a tried and tested combination. (although these Megs polishes are non-diminishing, they are label SMAT -Smart Micro Abrasive Technology.

For a non-diminishing Final finishing polish, you can't go far wrong is getting NanotechSST's Super Gloss.

Have you ever considered using a diminishing polish for the intial compounding and then non-dimishing for the final finish? It offers best of both worlds.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:38 pm 
Sponge

Thanks for the reply :) that's what I was planning on doing. Basically I need something that has a longer work time than my Menz finishing products.

I've found a couple of swirls under the window of my track car. I only noticed them when the sun was very low and shone straight at the panel. Under inspection they are not noticeable. And as it has extremely soft paint I need something that I can treat as a jewellers polish that has a long work time.

I can't find the nanotech on the cleanyourcar website. Or am I just being blind?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:10 pm 
The Super Gloss is perfect for using the jewelling method as it has astronomical amounts of lubrication in it....as befits a polish which is primarily used on gel coated racing yacht hulls.

Only NanotechSST sell this polish, their own propriatory brand, and can be found here..... http://www.nanotechsst.co.uk/boat-polish--compounds-66-c.asp

You will note that Super Gloss offers two variants... for light and dark colours..... this doesn't mean that there is any fillers in it....just a tweak in their formula.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Must admit I like Gtechniq P1, because it's totally pad dependent. Yes you can get some powder but with practice you know when to do a very light spray of water and it doesn't' happen :wink:

phpBB [video]