CleanYourCar
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 4:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:17 pm 
Sponge

Gees what a job took me 2 half days to do ,and thats just the exterior.
This job was to test the Das pro kit I bought this week .

kit included.
1 x das pro
1 x mezerna 200 cut polish.
1 x mezerna 800 finish polish.
1 x car pro iron X.
solus detailing clay.
3 x pads , medium ,hard and polish.

Already had some T cut
auto glym rapid detailer.
auto glym super resin polish.
car plan black trim wax.
simoniz wax free shampoo.

Started with wheels and pro X , had to clean wheels a couple of times with this as it didnt shift the ingrained brake dust even after wheel brushing . Nor did it remove tar successfully how ever persistence paid off . I would of liked a product that I only spray once agitate and clean off.
half a day spent on prep and bonnet to test my ability with the das pro. Gees I suddenly realised how many stone chips the front end has . Used the 200 with medium pad ,then the 800 with polishing pad .
Next day used the 200 medium but used the auto glym resin polish I found this eliminated more spider web marks .I was thinking of using the more aggressive pad with the 200 but played cautious .
I will be asking some more questions as my mate has offered me to do his Nissan 370 Z which is black .

Last edited by Tiles on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

Just one comment that the AG SRP will have not removed the marks but just masked them as contains it fillers and it not a "pure polish" like Menzerna. You would have been better off using the Menzerna 800 finish polish on a finishing pad and working it longer. I'm guessing by Menzerna 800 you mean the 3800 (PO85RD) ?

Bin the T-Cut :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:05 pm 
Sponge

Ash wrote:
Just one comment that the AG SRP will have not removed the marks but just masked them as contains it fillers and it not a "pure polish" like Menzerna. You would have been better off using the Menzerna 800 finish polish on a finishing pad and working it longer. I'm guessing by Menzerna 800 you mean the 3800 (PO85RD) ?

Bin the T-Cut :twisted:

Thought you would say bin the T cut :D which I will do.

Yes 3800 , how far can I work it ? as don't want it to dry out and burr the paint or cause any further abrasion .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:41 pm 
Site Admin

You work it until it goes clear. That way the polish will break down and it will give you a better finish, which is the way these type of diminishing polishes work .If you do think it's drying out then give the pad a very light spray with distilled water. If you don't break down a diminishing polish that is where you can run into issues like holograms and even more so on a black car. :twisted:

You are very unlikely to burn through with a DA that is why they are considered safer. I've never heard of anyone doing that and only know of one person who has done it with a rotary :-# , no not me :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:05 pm 
Rushes out to check both cars, no, not me either O:)