CleanYourCar
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:08 am 
Sponge

Hello,
I am looking for a product which i can apply to the chassis, axels and back end etc of tractors, something that i easily applied, long lasting, repels water and also having a high gloss but wont attact dust, is there anything that would meet all of these?
thanks in advance

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the CYC Forum. :D

As far back as I can remember, you must be the first person to ask about products for a Tractor! Is it a 'show' vehicle?

You have set a stiff list of requirements, but it is possible to achieve them...it's all down to the preparation of the surface upon which you want to apply the coating. I would also suggest that before any coating is applied, any surfaces are also polished to the level you want them....once a protective coating is applied, you would have to strip it off to get at the surface beneath it.

It would be fair to say that a wax will attract dust and not last that long. So a sealant is far more suitable for all the places you wish to put it on....

As with any sealant, it needs to bond with a perfectly clean surface..not just washed, but degreased and then wiped down with products such as denatured alcohol, Acetone or Xylene. If the surface isn't perfectly prepared, then a sealant may not correctly adhere.

A couple of years ago, I came across a sealant which was designed for REALLY heavy duty applications...it is called Nyalic.

What are the benefits of Nyalic?
• Protects and seals metal surfaces to prevent corrosion, staining, tarnish, fingerprints and smudges. It provides protection against chemicals, including acids, salts, potash, urea, fertilizer, fly ash, lime, salt water, sea air and harsh chemical cleansers.
• Highly resistant to ultraviolet rays
• Protects paint against oxidation
• Remains clear – does not yellow
• Resists dirt and repels water
• Withstands temperatures up to (350°F) (177°C) and under 0°F (-18°C)
• Remains thermally stable and flexes with the host substrate to prevent cracking and peeling
• Self-levels for easy repair

What are the proven uses of Nyalic?
• Nyalic® is proven for a range of surfaces including:
• Metals such as steel, stainless steel, copper, brass, bronze, aluminium and silver
• Anodized metals
• Galvanized metals
• Chromed metals
• Polished, milled or brushed finishes
• Painted surfaces
• Fiberglass or plastic
• Electrical connections
• Mechanical connections

Nyalic lasts a VERY long time!

here's the link to all you need to know about the product.....

http://spautopia.co.uk/Nyalic-FAQs

and examples of Nyalic on tractors..

http://www.nyalic.com/Tractors_c_90.html

Hope that this helps.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:01 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome indeed, whatever you use please let us know the results as the farmer next door is often joking that I can detail his tractor.

He's a grand chap and I'd love to do it if I can find a time when it's not being used.

CPRE